A VoIP phone is a device that uses the internet instead of physical telephone lines to provide telephone services. VoIP phone systems give you greater mobility, interoperability, and connectivity. You can connect to your VoIP phone from wherever you have an internet connection. Delacon can furthermore offer more competitive rates when terminating calls to VoIP/SIP.
In order to use VoIP services, you will need:
- a VoIP capable desk phone or internet based software (eg. Bria)*
- a static IP address for the registration of SIP lines. Alternatively, you can use a VPN to connect to a static IP address. You may need to check with your internet provider to set your IP to static.
*Note: Delacon recommends to have more than 2 physical SIP phones registered to different VoIP extensions in order to minimise the possibility of an unstable local network, i.e. one phone goes offline and no backup phone available.
Contact your Delacon Account Manager or the Support Team at email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
Please note that there may be additional charges for this feature.
We will need to know:
- whether the SIP phones are going to handle Inbound (receiving) calls only or need to be able to receive Inbound calls and make Outbound calls (calling someone)
- How many lines (number of concurrent calls) and how many VoIP extensions (operators taking calls) are required
- the preferred call routing, for example Ring Group or sequential dialing of different extensions.
With the details above, Delacon will complete the setup in the Delacon system. Once completed, Delacon will provide you with the VoIP extension registration information, and will conduct testing together with you to make sure the registration of the SIP lines is working as well as the call flow is as intended.
The VoIP extension registration will include:
SIP Registration Domain: auvoip.delaconcorp.com
SIP Username/PhoneNumber: 2999xxxxx
SIP Password: xxxxxxxx
Please note that the Delacon SIP system is separate from Delacon’s call tracking platform. This includes billing, which will result in a separate bill for your VoIP/SIP services.
Billing requests regarding your SIP account can be submitted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
General enquires can be submitted via emailing your Account Manager or the Delacon Support team at email@example.com.
For all inbound calls, you can continue to use the Delacon portal and its various reports.
In case you use the VoIP feature to make outbound calls, there will be a separate portal. Please contact Delacon Support to obtain your login details to these reports.
Please sign in to leave a comment.