A Google forwarding number (GFN) is a unique phone number from Google that can be used in your ads to help track calls to your business. For more info on GFN, please review Google's support article here.
Delacon's call extension integration can leverage GFN to increase the accuracy of call reporting in the Delacon reporting platform. It can also help reduce the amount of tracking numbers you will need for accurate tracking of your call extension campaigns.
Advantages of using GFN in conjunction with Delacon call tracking numbers:
- Complement your Google Adwords data with call data from Delacon. While GFN alone will provide you with call conversions against your ads, it does not provide any caller information, such as the caller number. This is where Delacon can provide more insights with IVR data, CRM Integration or Data Matching, Speech Analytics and Insights Reports, which will allow you to more accurately increase your marketing ROI, provide valuable customer insights and improve customer service.
- Increase the accuracy of Adwords data from call extensions in the Delacon platform, including accurate keyword tracking. Delacon will combine the two call records from Google and Delacon to provide you with the full picture.
- Reduce the cost by only needing one call extension number within the Delacon platform that can track all your ad campaigns regardless of impression volume. Compare this approach to our auto-assignment feature or to using a dedicated call extension number for each of your campaigns.
- Simplified setup. Follow this guide to add your Delacon call extension number to your Adwords account in conjunction with GFN.
Disadvantages of using GFN in conjunction with Delacon call tracking numbers:
- GFN numbers are drawn from a pool of Google owned numbers and are not dedicated to your business. Once a number has been assigned to your ads, it will remain allocated to it for 2 hours, after which the number will be re-added to the pool and will not connect to your business. Therefore, if a caller saves the number to their phone, they may not get through to your business the next time they call.
|number deployment||Single campaign assignment||auto-assignment||assignment with GFN|
- 1 call extension number per individual campaign with less then 3000 impressions
- a pool of numbers for all your campaigns assigned based on impression data
- assigned on account level
|ownership||numbers dedicated to business||numbers dedicated to business||numbers not dedicated|
|best option for||few campaigns and low impressions||many campaigns and high impressions, for businesses wanting to have dedicated numbers||many campaigns and high impressions, not concerned about using GFN|
For more information, please see our Google Ads (AdWords) Call Extension Integration Guide