Delacon’s AdWords Website Call Conversions enables you to track calls (and the follow-on revenue) made by phone numbers on the web pages shown as a result of google ad clicks.
Delacon’ call tracking script need to be present on the web pages where the phone number needs to be shown.
To be able to track calls as Google Ad conversion generated from your website via Google Ad clicks, following steps are required:-
- Setup of your CID and call tracking numbers (this step may be done by your Delacon Account Manager).
- Setup Delacon’s AdWords Integration.
- Setup Google Adwords Conversion Tracker
- Setup Conversion Tracker details in Delacon system.
- Upload the data via the “Delacon CRM Upload” mechanism.
Step 1 - Setup of CID and Call Tracking Numbers
This step will be done in conjunction with your Delacon Account Manager. Please speak to them before completing this step.
Decide on the amount of call tracking numbers
You will need to make a decision on how many call tracking numbers you will need for your website call conversion tracking. The number of numbers you will need will depend on the number of impressions you expect your ads to receive.
Delacon Account Manager can help make that decision in consultation with you.
Once you have decided on the amount of call tracking numbers you require, you will need to order them. You have two options for ordering numbers:
Option 1: Self Ordering
You can order call tracking numbers with our self-ordering tool in the Delacon Portal:
1. Login to Delacon Portal
2. Click on ‘Campaign Directory’ and ‘Order Numbers’
3. Select ‘Add new CID’
4. Enter CID details:
- Campaign/Business name: Choose a name for your phone number that is easily identifiable. We suggest naming it after the AdGroup or Campaign the number will be used on followed by ‘_ AdWords_WebsiteCalls’.
- Sub Campaign/Business Category: We suggest using ‘AdWords_WebsiteCalls’ so it is easily identifiable as a phone number associated with an AdWords campaign.
- Email Address: Enter the email address your call notification emails will be sent to.
- Termination Number: Enter the number where calls will be routed to.
- Business Phone Number: Enter the number where calls will be routed to.
5. Select ‘1’ for quantity of new numbers
6. Check the ‘Accept terms and conditions’ box and click ‘Proceed to confirmation’
If you require a large amount of new numbers, please follow the process below.
Option 2: Email Delacon
Email email@example.com with the amount of new call tracking numbers you require and Delacon’s Provisioning Team will set these up for you or contact your account manager.
If you have an IVR:
If you have an IVR attached to the call extension numbers and you want to report on the menu tones selected by callers, please email your IVR menu tones to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in your account manager requesting setup of DTMF Capture and description.
Step 2 - Setup Delacon AdWords Integration
Once your numbers have been provisioned, in order to setup Delacon’s Call Extensions, you will need to setup Delacon’s AdWords integration. Please follow the steps below:
Login to the Delacon portal
Navigate and click on the Integration menu in the left sidebar:
Navigate and click on the Google AdWords Integration menu in the left sidebar:
On the next screen click on “Link Service - New AdWords Authorization”
After login, click on “Link Service - New AdWords Authorization”
Click on “Allow”
On the next screen enter your Delacon login details again:
You now need to map the Service ID with the AdWords ID.
To do this, check the box for each Service ID (CID) you want to map then click “Map Configuration”:
Once Mapped a pop-up box will display:
This completes the integration.
Step 3 - Setup Google Adwords Conversion Tracker
This configuration is to be done on the Adwords account for which the access was provided in the previous section
Please follow the steps below to complete this process:
As per the Google Article :-
- Sign into your Google Ads account.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click the tools icon and under 'Measurement', click Conversions.
- Click the plus button .
- Click Website.
- Next to 'Conversion name', enter a name for the conversion that you’d like to track, such as 'newsletter sign up' or 'wedding bouquet purchase'. This will help you recognise this conversion action later in conversion reports.
- Next to 'Category', select a description for your conversion action. The category allows you to segment your conversions in reports, so that you can see similar conversions together.
- Next to 'Value', select how to track the value of each conversion.
- Use the same value for each conversion. Enter the amount that each conversion is worth to your business.
- Use different values for each conversion. Use this option if, for example, you’re tracking purchases of products with different prices. Later, when you add your conversion tracking tag, you’ll need to customise your tag to track transaction-specific values.
- Don't use a value.
- One. This setting is best for leads, such as a sign-up form on your website, when only one conversion per ad click is likely to add value for your business.
- Every. This setting is best for sales, when every conversion is likely to add value for your business.
You’ll now see a screen which shows that you’ve created your conversion action
Step 4- Setup Conversion Tracker details in Delacon system
This step will be done in conjunction with your Delacon Account Manager. Please provide the following details from the steps carried out above:-
Default Conversion Value
Default Currency Code
View-Through Conversion Window (in days) (for example – 30)
Conversion Tracking Window (in days) (for example – 90)
CountType (ONE or EVERY)
Delacon Account Manager will get this configuration populated in the Delacon system.
This completes the “Adwords Website Call Conversion Setup”.
Step 5- Delacon CRM Upload data upload
Logon to Delacon portal to upload CRM data for the calls and sales registered in your CRM.
Delacon will then perform the call matching function with its own call tracking database.
For all the matched calls with the Google Click Id web sessions, Delacon system will perform Conversion Upload will into Google Ads with the following data:-
Google Click Id
Sales Revenue (if provided, else use Default Revenue)
This helps in identifying the revenue from individual web sessions and assists with future bid optimisation.