Delacon’s AdWords Call Conversions Upload enables you to track calls (and the follow-on revenue) made to phone numbers directly in Adwords. The integrations works for:
- calls from web pages shown as a result of google ad clicks
- calls from Call Extension buttons on the mobile phones or desktops
For the web page calls, Delacon’s call tracking script needs to be present on the web pages where the phone number needs to be shown.
For the Call Extension calls, Delacon’s phone numbers need to mapped with the Google Ads call extension integration.
This Adwords conversion upload requires the Delacon CRM upload feature to be enabled for your account. Please contact Delacon Support at email@example.com and request to enable "Delacon CRM Upload" for your account.
Once enabled, continue with the setup steps below.
To be able to track calls as Google Ad conversion, the following steps are required:
- Setup of your Delacon campaign and call tracking numbers (this step may be done by your Delacon Account Manager).
- Completing the Delacon’s AdWords Integration.
- Setup of Google Adwords Conversion Tracker
- Mapping of the Conversion Tracker details in Delacon's system
- Enable default tracking on every call or upload the data via the “Delacon CRM Upload” mechanism. (Optional)
- Test and verify the conversions are uploaded against the tracker
Step 1 - Setup of CID and Call Tracking Numbers
This step will be done in conjunction with your Delacon Account Manager. Please speak to them before completing this step.
Decide on the amount of call tracking numbers
You will need to make a decision on how many call tracking numbers you will need for your website call conversion tracking. The number of numbers you will need will depend on the number of impressions you expect your ads to receive.
Your Delacon Account Manager can help make that decision in consultation with you.
Once you have decided on the amount of call tracking numbers you require, you will need to order them. You have two options for ordering numbers:
Option 1: Self Ordering
You can order call tracking numbers with our self-ordering tool in the Delacon Portal. Please follow this guide to set up new numbers.
If you require a large amount of new numbers, please follow the process below.
Option 2: Email Delacon
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the amount of new call tracking numbers you require and Delacon’s Provisioning Team will set these up for you or contact your account manager.
If you have an IVR:
If you have an IVR attached to the call extension numbers and you want to report on the menu tones selected by callers, please email your IVR menu tones to email@example.com and copy in your account manager requesting setup of DTMF Capture and description.
Step 2 - Completing the Delacon AdWords Integration
Follow the article here - Setup Delacon AdWords Integration - and complete Part I and II of the integration:
Part I: Authorising Delacon to access your Google Ads account
Part II Map your Delacon campaigns to your Ad accounts
Step 3 - Setup of Google Adwords Conversion Tracker
This configuration is to be done within the same Adwords account against which the service was mapped under step 2.
- Login and navigate to Conversions
- Click on the “+ New conversion action” button to add new conversion
- Select Import and set the toggle to - Other data sources or CRMs.
- For web page number tracking, select option - Track Conversion from Clicks
- For call extension tracking, select option - Track Conversions from Calls
Note, for call extension tracking, GFN (Google Forwarding Numbers) needs to be enabled. This is because Delacon matches the call against Google call details in order to obtain Ad group and Campaign data to send conversions in Google Ads.
- Enter the details as desired on the following screen
It is recommended that the settings are chosen as shown, however, it is not essential.
- Goal and action optimization - Select "Converted Lead" from the drop-down menu and adjust any of the remaining settings based on your requirements.
- Conversion Name - can be any name of your choice and should help you identify the purpose of this conversion tracker.
- Value - set toggle to "Use different values for each conversion" and set the default value to 1.
- Count - set to Every
- Click Through Conversion Window - Set to 90 days
- Attribution Model - set to Data Driven or Last click based on your requirements.
Click on Create and Continue to complete the setup of the conversion tracker.
You’ll now see a screen which shows that you’ve created your conversion action
Step 4- Mapping of Conversion Tracker details in Delacon's system
Log back into the Delacon Portal and navigate to Configuration > Integrations > Adwords Conversion Tracker or click on this direct link: https://pla.delaconcorp.com/siteui/configuration/adwordsconvupload
Click on "Add New"
Complete the required fields.
- Service ID (CID) - tick the check box for the Delacon service you want to map
- Conversion Name - add the conversion name that you chose under step 3
- Default Revenue - choose a default value that will be used if there is no other value available. We recommend leaving it as "1".
- Currency Code - choose the currency of the revenue value
- Tracking Type – set the toggle to "Website clicks" or "Call Extension"
- Default Conversion Value - set the toggle to "Yes" or "No" (see below for more info)
- Adwords ID - tick the checkbox of the Adwords account number that you want to map this service to
Default Conversion Value – Yes or No
- Select Yes, if you want every call to be tracked with a default conversion value specified above
- Select No, if variable revenue data will be provided later via the “Delacon CRM Upload data” mechanism (outlined in the next step 5 Delacon CRM Upload data upload (Optional)). Please note, if you select this option, the conversion will only be uploaded once you have provided the conversion value via the CRM upload.
This completes the “Adwords Website Call Conversion Setup”. Please review Step 6 to ensure conversions are being tracked.
Step 5- Delacon CRM Upload data upload (Optional)
This step is required if you chose ‘No’ for Default Revenue Upload in the previous step.
Log into the Delacon portal to upload CRM data for the calls and sales registered in your CRM. Please follow this guide under "Upload Date" - "Option 1 – Manual Upload using the new Delacon Portal (Free)".
Delacon will then perform the call matching function with its own call tracking database.
For all the matched calls with the Google Click Id web sessions or Call Extension calls, Delacon system will perform Conversion Upload into Google Ads with the following data: -
- For Website clicks
- Conversion Name
- Google Click Id
- Sales Revenue (if provided, else use Default Revenue)
- For Call Extension
- Conversion Name
- Caller number
- Call time
- Sales Revenue (if provided, else use Default Revenue)
This process will help with identifying the revenue from individual web sessions and assists with future bid optimisation.
Step 6 - Verifying conversions in Adwords
To verify conversions are uploaded from Delacon into Adwords:-
- Log on to your Adwords account
- Navigate to Conversions
- Filter for the conversion name used in the steps above. For example:-
- You should see results as below:
- Please note that conversions are loaded for the call start time in Delacon
Note- When does Delacon lodge click id conversion for online calls
For online calls, the conversion upload from Delacon is delayed by few hours from the time of the call. This is to accommodate for the click ID to sync within the Google systems and be available for conversion upload. Based on experience of errors response from Google for immediate upload of click-id conversion, a delay has been built in for the same.
Note- When does Delacon lodge call ext conversion for offline calls
For offline calls, the Delacon system first matches the calls with Google calls. This is necessary for the Google system to accept the conversion for such offline calls.
Delacon match is a nightly process, so the conversion upload from Delacon is also scheduled for execution post the matching of the Delacon call with Google calls.