If you are looking to calculate your cost per lead/CPL from campaigns, ad groups and keywords, this guide will show the set up to be completed.
CPL refers to the cost taken to acquire a lead.
- Please place Delacon call tracking on your website as per user guide at https://support.delaconcorp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020822334-How-to-integrate-Call-Tracking
- If you are using Delacon within Google Ads Call Extensions please use the following user guide to complete your call extensions set up https://support.delaconcorp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033349094-Setting-up-Delacon-AdWords-Call-Extensions
There are various integrations that can assist you with obtaining your most accurate CPL, Delacon recommend referring to the below user guides that are applicable to your business.
Both of the below guides must be completed to use GA as an accurate CPL measuring tool. The first guide assists with the basic setup steps; while the second allows for tuning and configuration of this integration.
Google Ads (measuring CPL for calls from website)
Importing Google Analytics Delacon goal conversions with Google Ads/Adwords. It is important to complete this guide in order to measure calls and CPL within the Google Ads platform. This will allow you to access CPL data directly from your Google Ads. You can also use the support article below for further clarity.
Google Ads/Adwords (measuring calls from call extensions)
If you have Delacon Call Extensions within Google Ads, you will need to complete the setup process as per the below user guide:
DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integrations for calls from website
This guide will allow for the measurement of CPL in both DoubleClick Campaign Manager and DoubleClick Search platforms. You will need to complete the setup process as per the below user guide:
Search Ads 360/DoubleClick Search Integrations for calls from Call Extensions
This guide will allow for measurement of CPL of call extensions in the DoubleClick Search platform. https://support.delaconcorp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020533134-DoubleClick-Search-Ads-360-Integration-For-Call-Extensions-only-
By setting up all the relevant above integrations you are in the best position to determine your CPL.
Once the relevant above guides have been executed; you can create custom CPL reports in the below platforms by following these guides. By having CPL data available across various platforms, you have the flexibility to view your stats in a way most suitable to the needs of your business.
- Google Analytics – https://support.delaconcorp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039788653-Cost-per-Lead-within-Google-Analytics
- Google Ads - https://support.delaconcorp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027198134-Google-Ads-AdWords-Cost-per-Delacon-Calls-and-Web-Enquiries
- Google Ads 360 – https://support.delaconcorp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039788833-Cost-per-Lead-within-Google-Search-Ads-360
Once CPL has been correctly set up, you can begin to look at your CPA (Cost per Acquisition), which is the cost of actually acquiring a new customer. Please click on this link to begin setting up your CPA
If you have any questions or require further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact Delacon support
Please sign in to leave a comment.