Our SMS360 product offers the ability to send your customers a post-call SMS for calls made from a mobile phone.
The message sent can be completely customised by you through the Delacon portal. For example, you may want to thank your customer for the call and provide them with additional contact details. Any replies sent to the SMS by the customer will be received by you as an email. Any replies sent via email will be received as a text message by the customer.
We have partnered with online SMS service BurstSMS to provide this product.
Step 1 – Setup BurstSMS Account
Go to www.burstsms.com.au and sign up to a BurstSMS account:
- BurstSMS is a separate business to Delacon and their prices are determined by them. It is up to you to select the relevant pricing plan that suits your business.
- Any charges for the BurstSMS service are additional and separate to charges from Delacon.
Please contact BurstSMS if you have any queries around their pricing.
Step 2 – Provide Delacon with API Details
Once you have signed up with BurstSMS and are logged into your account, you will need to provide Delacon with your API Details:
1. In your BurstSMS account, click on ‘Settings’:
2. Navigate to API Settings:
3. Enter in your API Secret:
Your API Secret is essentially the password that allows your API to be accessed along with your API Key. You can enter anything you like in this field:
4. Copy your API Key and API Secret and email both to email@example.com who will enable the SMS360 product in your Delacon account:
In your email to Delacon Support, please make sure to include your business name and the MID and CID the SMS360 product needs to be enabled for.
Step 3 – Setting up SMS360 in Delacon Portal
The SMS360 product can be accessed from the Delacon Portal:
1. Login to the Delacon Portal:
2. Navigate to Reporting → Reporting (OLD) to open the Old Delacon Portal:
3. Navigate to the CID you want to add an SMS to and click 'Edit':
4. Scroll down to the SMS Message box and type the message you want sent after each mobile call. Note that when the box is blank, no message will send.
5. Check the email address entered in the Email Address field is correct as this is the address any reply SMS will be sent to. To enter in multiple email addresses, separate each email address with a semi-colon:
6. When you have finished typing the message and the email addresses are correct, click 'Submit Updates'. Any response from the SMS by the customer can be sent back via email to the nominated email address. Any reply from the nominated email address will be sent back as an SMS to the customer.
If you have any further questions about SMS360 please contact your account manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org