Steps of your Display & Video 360 Conversions Integration
We are excited to get you started on your Display & Video 360 Conversions API integration with Delacon. Follow the steps in this guide to enable Delacon to upload your matched call tracking conversion data to your Display & Video 360 advertiser. In order for Delacon to collect the relevant data and deliver it to your Display & Video 360 advertiser, you will complete the following 5 steps:
- Inform your Google Account Manager that you want to setup the Display & Video 360 Conversion API integration with Delacon.
- Set up your Floodlight activities.
- Delacon Required Steps
- Inform Delacon of Completed Setup
- Customer Support
1. Authorise Delacon to send data to your Display & Video 360 Advertiser
To start, contact your Google Account Manager to inform them you wish to enable the Delacon + Display & Video 360 integration. You will then receive an email from your Google Account Manager asking for confirmation to allow Delacon to send data into your account. The Account Manager can access internally at Display & Video 360 with this link.
At this point in time, you should also email email@example.com and your Delacon Account Manager to enable the integration.
2. Setup your conversion label mapping and share that with Delacon
Floodlight activities are used in Display & Video 360 to group conversions by-products, product groups, customer types, conversion channels or any other meaningful structure. This enables Display & Video 360 reporting to filter advertising campaign conversions.
If your offline conversions goal is to track how your customer interacts with your call center, progresses through an IVR and corresponding sales & leads, your mapping may look like:
Note: If you must upload the same conversion into both this Conversions API and the Search Ads 360. API, you should define two different floodlight activities -- one to be populated by the Search Ads 360. API, and one populated by the Google Campaign Manager Conversions API.
Creating the Floodlight activities in Display & Video 360
Create new Floodlight activities (conversion tags) for Delacon to push data to Display & Video 360. Please note the below ‘activity’ is an example, advertisers can create any name for labels and send to Delacon. See suggested naming convention below. For each action that you would like to track, you should create a new Floodlight Activity; more specifically, there should be a one-to-one relationship between each IVR option or signal during a call and the Display & Video 360 Floodlight activity.
There are no restrictions on minimum/maximum quantity of conversion labels.
1. Advertiser >> Pixels >> New: “Delacon”
3. Delacon Required Steps
- Login to the Delacon Portal:
- Enter in your Username and Password and click ‘Login’:
If you can’t remember your login details, please contact your account manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Once logged in, you will need to navigate to the Integrations menu by clicking on Reporting → Integrations
4. In the integrations menu, you will need to navigate to the Google Campaign Manager Integration page by clicking on DCM:
5. The Google Campaign Manager Integrations Page will now load. To start the integration process, click on ‘Add New Mapping’:
6. Click ‘Yes’ when prompted with question Is email@example.com added to your advertiser or agency account?’:
7. In the Add New Mapping menu, you will need to:
a. Select the Service ID (CID) you are connecting to your Google Campaign Manager Account.
b. Fill in relevant details:
1. Floodlight Activity ID
2. Floodlight Configuration ID
3. Profile ID
4. Leave as the default setting:
8. Click on ‘Add New Mapping’
9. Repeat steps 5-9 for each Floodlight tag you are setting up.
4. Inform Delacon of Completed Setup
Upon completion of the steps above, please email Delacon support (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your account manager with:
- Confirmation that you have completed steps 1-9 above.
- Advertiser ID (See Appendix A)
- Delacon Access Profile ID for email@example.com within Google Campaign Manager
- All Floodlight Activities IDs - both Floodlight IDs and Floodlight Config IDs.
- (Add any additional parameters as needed - like custom variable mapping, etc.)
Delacon will setup the integration.
5. Customer Support
If you require customer support setting up this integration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to your Delacon account manager.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does the Google Campaign Manager (DCM) API differ from and/or work with the Search Ads 360. API?
- Google customers using both APIs should be careful not to upload the same conversion to the same Floodlight Activity via both APIs -- Google Campaign Manager does not support deduplication across APIs.
- If a customer must upload the same conversion into both APIs, we suggest defining two different floodlight activities -- one populated by the Search Ads 360 Event API, and one populated by the Google Campaign Manager Conversions API.
- Ultimately, Google does anticipate that both APIs will be unified.
- Advertisers cannot specify attribution method on the upload for the Google Campaign Manager Conversions API - this differs a bit from the Search Ads 360 API, where an advertiser can upload a conversion pre-attributed to a specific click and the attribution is joined accordingly. Google anticipates this feature being enabled in the Google Campaign Manager Conversions API in the future.