An Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system is able to present options for a caller to select, for example Press 1 for sales; press 2 for support; etc, so that they are directed to the appropriate department or person within your business.
Delacon is able to capture the options pressed by the caller and report on them in the Delacon system as well as 3rd party platforms (eg. Google Analytics, Doubleclick, etc).
The IVR system can either be provided by Delacon on its tracking numbers or be hosted on the numbers owned by your company.
1. IVR hosted by Delacon
Delacon can build an IVR system on the tracking numbers we have provided to you, that can be tailored to your requirements.
- If you would like to enquire about enabling IVR services, please contact your account manager or email@example.com.
- If you have an IVR set up and need assistance with configuration or updates, please review our IVR configuration user guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once configured the IVR can be enabled or disabled in the Delacon portal by visiting Services > List Services > Edit (Service ID) > IVR
2. IVR hosted on client's own numbers
If the IVR is hosted on your own numbers, ie the number that Delacon sends calls to (termination number), then Delacon will still be able to capture the key options the caller has pressed and report on them in the Delacon reporting.
Please review this guide for more information.
3. Where to find IVR data in the Delacon portal
Once IVR data is captured - either via Delacon's own IVR feature or via the 3rd party IVR capture setup - it will be displayed in the Delacon portal in the:
- DTMF: The numerical IVR option the caller selected
- DTMF Description: The description of the IVR option the caller selected
This data will also be available in the downloaded call log as well as via the APIs.
4. Pushing IVR data into 3rd party platforms
IVR data can be pushed into and reported on in other marketing platforms such as Google Analytics, Doubleclick, Adobe, etc.
Please review below linked guides for further information.
- Google Analytics (Universal): to push IVR data as custom dimensions review "Section 2: Add Custom Dimensions and Metrics"
- Google Analytics (Universal): to set up a goal based on IVR option, review section "Tracking for specific IVR options using DTMF descriptions"
- Doubleclick Campaign Manager: to push IVR data to floodlights
Please sign in to leave a comment.