In order to accurately track each visitor to your website, we need to ensure that there is a big enough pool of tracking numbers. The required size of the number pool will depend on the number of concurrent visitors to your website or individual web pages that you wish to track. For the highest level of accuracy of tracking, each concurrent visitor to your website will need to see a different tracking number.
Delacon has created the Rolling Numbers Calculator that can assist you with calculating your number requirements for accurate tracking.
Below steps outline how to retrieve the data needed for the calculator.
1. Analyse hourly web users across the entire website
The following is a step by step guide to finding the total number of web users by using Google Analytics.
Please refer to the number in green in the image below for each of the steps:
1. Login to Google Analytics and select the relevant date range.
2. Click on Audience from the left hand menu
3. Click on Overview from the sub-menu
4. The total number of Users
5. The maximum users per hour
6. Average session duration
2. Analyse hourly web users for a specific subpage of your website
If you would like to analyse the number of users from a specific web page, you will need to create a segment.
Please follow below steps on how to create a segment:
1. Login to Google Analytics and then click on 'all user'.
2. Click on +NEW SEGMENT.
3. Name your segment.
4. Click on Conditions.
5. Choose “Page” from the menu.
6. Enter the specific web page you would like to analyse, e.g. /call-tracking/
7. Click on preview.
This will now show you the total number of users for a specific web page.