Delacon’s Google Ads Call Extension Integration allows you to view Google Ads data for your Call Extensions in the Delacon Portal. This enables you to understand which campaigns and keywords generated phone calls and the Google Ads cost associated with that specific phone call.
Please note this integration does not allow you to manage your Google Ads campaigns from the Delacon Portal – you will still need to manage the ads themselves using Google Ads. This integration enables you to view Google Ads data that is associated with Delacon phone call data.
The integration consists of three parts:
NOTE: All Call Extension numbers will need to be mapped twice – once within the Google Ads integration page (part 1) and once in the Google Ads Call Extension integration page (part 2).
Part 1 – Ensure that the Google Ads integration has been completed
Follow our Google Ads integration guide. This will link your CID to the authorisation for your Google Ads account. This must be done before mapping your Call Extension numbers to your Google Ads campaigns.
Part 2 – Map your Delacon Call Extension numbers (CIDs) to your Google Ads campaigns
- Login to the Delacon Portal and click on Configuration > Integrations > Google Ads Call Extensions
- Click on Add new Mapping
- Find the relevant MCC or Google Ads account from the pop-up and click on it.
- Map each tracking number and the correct Google Ads accounts by ticking the boxes. You can map multiple numbers to an Google Ads ID at the same time.
- Also confirm whether you have enabled Google Forwarding (GFN) in the Google Ads account for this number. Google Forwarding is available in select countries. You can check which countries have access to GFN here.
- the correct time zone will be automatically copied from your Adwords settings.
- Once all relevant boxes are ticked, click on Submit.
- A pop-up will appear confirming that the integration was successful. You will automatically be re-directed to the integration's main page and the mapping will be listed there. You can validate that the mapping has been successful by check that all the fields are completed:
- If you receive an error message, please review our troubleshooting steps further below.
Troubleshooting unsuccessful mappings:
|Numbers that are used for website tracking cannot be used for call extensions. Please select another CID or create a new dedicated CID for use in your call extension campaigns||For accurate reporting, tracking numbers should not be used for tracking multiple channels, eg. website and Call Extensions. The system automatically detects when a CID has rolling numbers (more than 1 tracking number) and will block the CID for this integration. Please create a dedicated number (CID) for Call Extension tracking.|
Part 3 – Assign the Delacon Call Extension numbers to your ad campaigns in Google Ads
Follow our guide to adding new Call Extension Numbers into Google Ads.