Delacon’s Google Ads Call Extension Integration allows you to view Google Ads data for your Call Extensions in the Delacon Portal. This enables you to understand which campaigns and keywords generated phone calls and the Google Ads cost associated with that specific phone call.
Please note this integration does not allow you to manage your Google Ads campaigns from the Delacon Portal – you will still need to manage the ads themselves using Google Ads. This integration enables you to view Google Ads data that is associated with Delacon phone call data.
The integration consists of four parts:
Part 1: Determine the call extension assignment method
Part 2: Ensure that the Google Ads integration has been completed
Part 3: Map your Delacon Call Extension numbers (CIDs) to your Google Ads campaigns
Part 4: Assign the Delacon Call Extension numbers to your ad campaigns in Google Ads
NOTE: All Call Extension numbers will need to be mapped twice – once within the Google Ads integration page (part 1) and once in the Google Ads Call Extension integration page (part 2).
Part 1 - Determine the call extension assignment method
Delacon offers below three methods for call extension assignment. Please review this linked guide for more detailed information on each method and decide which is most suited for your needs.
1. Manual assignment
2. Auto Assignment
3. Using Google Forwarding Numbers
Based on the method you want to use, add the required amount of new numbers to your account and continue with the next parts of the integration.
Follow our Google Ads integration guide. This will link your CID to the authorisation for your Google Ads account. If you have completed the initial authorisation already, you will only need to do Part 2 of that guide. This must be done before mapping your Call Extension numbers to your Google Ads campaigns.
- Login to the Delacon Portal and click on Configuration > Integrations > Google Ads Call Extensions
- or follow this direct link: https://pla.delaconcorp.com/siteui/configuration/adwordsExtension
- Click on Add new Mapping
- Find the relevant MCC or Google Ads account from the pop-up and click on it.
- Map each tracking number and the correct Google Ads accounts by ticking the boxes. You can map multiple numbers to an Google Ads ID at the same time.
- Also confirm whether you have enabled Google Forwarding (GFN) in the Google Ads account for this number. Google Forwarding is available in select countries. You can check which countries have access to GFN here.
- the correct time zone will be automatically copied from your Adwords settings.
- Once all relevant boxes are ticked, click on Submit.
- A pop-up will appear confirming that the integration was successful. You will automatically be re-directed to the integration's main page and the mapping will be listed there. You can validate that the mapping has been successful by check that all the fields are completed:
- If you receive an error message, please review our troubleshooting steps further below.
Troubleshooting unsuccessful mappings:
|Numbers that are used for website tracking cannot be used for call extensions. Please select another CID or create a new dedicated CID for use in your call extension campaigns||For accurate reporting, tracking numbers should not be used for tracking multiple channels, eg. website and Call Extensions. The system automatically detects when a CID has rolling numbers (more than 1 tracking number) and will block the CID for this integration. Please create a dedicated number (CID) for Call Extension tracking.|
Note: Only one call extension object should be created per Delacon phone number. If there is a need for a call extension to be allocated to multiple campaigns or adgroups, then create the call extension at the account level and then associate that call extension with the campaign and/or adgroup. This is required for proper reporting and attribution from Delacon side
Sign into your Google Ads (AdWords) Account and navigate to 'Assets' from the 'Ads & Assets' menu in the left-hand column.
Click on the '+' icon:
Select 'Call' from the pop-up menu:
Complete all fields of the next screen:
- Select 'Account' from the drop-down menu
- Set the toggle to 'Create new' to create a new call extension:
- Select the country of your Call Extension number
- Enter the Delacon Call Tracking number you have been assigned
If you are using the call extension number in conjunction with Google Forwarding Numbers (GFN), please ensure Call Reporting is turned on.
Follow the instructions here to manage Call Reporting in Google Ads.
If it is turned on, when a call is made, Google Ads will show the Delacon number on the Google Search Results but a Google Call Forwarding number on the dial pad which will forward to the same Delacon number. This way Google also maintains some basic call data.
The Delacon system uses Google call details to match with Delacon call details to obtain the Ad Group and the Campaign. This helps in getting to the advertisement and the keyword for which this call extension was shown in Google Search Results.
It is recommended to be turned on, however it is not mandatory. If it is turned off, then the Delacon number will display on the dial pad as well.
Adding the Call Extension to your campaigns. Select the newly created Call Extension by clicking the checkbox to the left of the entry.
Click 'Add to' then 'Campaign'
Select each of the campaigns you want to add the Call Extensions to. You can select multiple campaigns if you wish.
Your selected campaigns will appear on the right hand panel.
Your Call Extensions will be listed as 'Under review' – the Call Extensions will start to appear in search results as soon as the extensions are approved by Google.
Once the newly created call extensions have been approved, please make sure to remove any pre-existing call extensions which might have been created for the same termination number or the same Delacon number.
Enable Call Details Forwarding for Google to send Adwords data directly to Delacon:
Navigate to Settings > Account Settings and set the toggle under "Send Google Ads call data to a call analytics provider" to ON. Select "Delacon" from the drop-down menu.
- Please Note: If you want to use call extensions, make sure you do not choose the location extensions feature when setting up your call extensions. This will conflict with your call extensions number. Make sure you select 'call extensions'.
- Disapproved call extension numbers: If you have not previously verified the ownership of your domain in Google Ads, you may find that your extension ads get disapproved. This happens when Google crawls the website and does not find the Delacon number that is being used in the call extensions. There are two ways to fix this issue which are covered in this support article: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6368661. Please navigate down to the 'Unverified phone number' section.
Once the call extensions have been configured in Google Ads, you are able to perform keyword reporting for those call extensions in SearchAds360. To learn more, follow the guide here.
- Adwords integration guide
- FAQ on why you might not see keyword data
- Setting up Delacon Adwords Conversion upload
- Adwords Report
- DoubleClick/Search Ads 360 Integration (For Call Extensions only)
- Disapproved Number - Google/Call Extensions
Please sign in to leave a comment.