Follow the steps in this guide to enable Delacon to upload your matched call tracking conversion data to your SA360.
In order for Delacon to collect the relevant data and deliver it to your SA360 account, you will complete the following steps:
- Grant Delacon user access to post-offline conversions to your SA360 account
- Set up your Floodlight activities and custom variables via Campaign Manager
- Map your Delacon services to the Adwords Call Extension and SA360 integration in the Delacon portal
- Map custom variables in the Delacon portal
- Where do find Delacon data in the reporting
Please contact Delacon Support at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about this integration or need assistance.
1. Grant Delacon user access to post-offline conversions to your SA360 account via SA360 API
- You will need to provide Delacon with either agency or advertiser manager access under the permission section of your SA360 account. Please refer to this support page for more info on how to add an access https://support.google.com/searchads/answer/6051717?hl=en
- email address to be granted for user access is email@example.com
2. Set up your Floodlight activities and custom variables via Campaign Manager
Please note that this step needs to be completed within your Campaign Manager platform.
Please follow steps:
- 3. Creating Floodlight activities in Campaign Manager and
- 4. Creating Custom Floodlight Variables (u-Variables) in Campaign Manager (optional)
of the Campaign Manager integration guide. Once done, return to this guide for the remaining steps.
Once you have created the Floodlight tags and custom variables within Campaign Manager, all relevant data flows through to Search Ads 360 automatically.
If you have set up floodlight custom variables, you will need to complete a final step within SA360 to activate them:
- Log into your SA360 account and select your Advertiser account
- On the left hand side navigation bar, find Advertiser Settings and click on Custom Floodlight Variables
- find your Delacon custom variables and change the Type from "Not set" to either "Metric" (for call duration custom variable only) or "Dimension" (for all other variables).
3. Map your Delacon services to the Adwords Call Extension and SA360 integration in the Delacon portal
Once the setup within Campaign Manager has been completed, the details need to be mapped against the Delacon service in the Delacon system.
Complete the Adwords Call Extension integration as outlined in this guide.
Log into the Delacon portal and navigate to Configuration > Integrations > Search Ads 360
or click on the following link https://pla.delaconcorp.com/siteui/configuration/dctokenofl
Click on 'Add New Mapping' followed by 'Yes' in the pop up box. Ensure that you have completed the step to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your advertiser agency account.
Select the relevant Service IDs by marking the check box. You can select multiple services at once that will be mapped against the same floodlight.
On the right hand side, enter in the following details:
- Agency ID - review the troubleshooting section for more guidance on where to find the Agency ID
- Advertiser ID - review the troubleshooting section for more guidance on where to find the Advertiser ID
- Segment Name (Floodlight Activity Name), must exactly match the Floodlight segment name set up in Campaign Manager. Review the troubleshooting section for more guidance on where to find the Segment Name
- Conversion Value - this will translate into a dollar value for each conversion (call). We recommend a value of '1'
- Action = Call is received (recommended)
- Transaction = Value attributed to that call conversion
- Conversion Criteria - A conversion criteria can further specify which calls are pushed against each floodlight. Possible criteria are for example IVR options or call duration. For more info on possible criteria, please review this FAQ. Contact the Delacon Support team for assistance in setting these up.
- Conversion Currency - the currency of the conversion value
Click on 'Add New Mapping'.
4. Map custom variables in the Delacon portal
Below the integration mappings, you will have a menu to map the custom variables set up under Step 2.
Add a new custom definition
Click on the 'Add New Custom Variable button'.
- Add the floodlight custom variable name exactly as used in Campaign Manager.
- From the drop-down menu, select the corresponding Delacon parameter, eg. Service Name
- for Type, set the toggle to:
- Metric - for any custom definitions that carry numerical data (eg call duration)
- Dimensions - for any custom definitions that carry text data (IVR description)
- add any custom functions
This will add the configuration and will be shown as below:-
Edit and Remove existing custom definition
You can edit or remove any existing custom definitions by clicking on the respective buttons.
5. Where do find Delacon data in the reporting
Please refer to Step 7. Where do find Delacon data in the reporting of the Campaign Manager integration guide for detailed steps on how to view the Delacon floodlight conversion data.
Where to find the Activity ID, Advertiser ID and Segment Name in your SA360 account.
1. Log in to your SA360 account and select your Agency and Advertiser. The Advertiser ID and Activity ID can be extracted from the URL.
2. For the Segment Name (Floodlight Activity Name), navigate to "Advertiser Settings" in the left hand side menu. Then click on the Floodlight drop-down menu and select Floodlight activities. This will bring up all available floodlights. Copy the exact name of the floodlight to complete the mappings in the Delacon portal.
Please sign in to leave a comment.