Below checklist is to help you troubleshoot why you might not receive keywords for your Delacon phone calls in the Delacon reporting.
- Check the source/medium of the call.
- Keywords will only be available for Google/Paid calls, as well as Yahoo and Bing Paid calls.
- There will be no keyword data for organic searches.
- Ensure that the relevant service ID (CID) has been mapped to the correct Adwords ID within the:
- Adwords integration for website numbers and the.
- Adwords call extension integration for call extension numbers.
- Ensure that auto-tagging is enabled in your Adwords account.
- Auto-tagging will add the Google Click ID (GCLID) to the referral URL from the paid ad to your website. This ID is needed for Delacon's integrations with Google Analytics, Adwords, Campaign Manager and Search Ads 360.
- Wait 1 day from the day of the call to see keyword data.
- Keyword data is only fetched from Adwords once a day at 5am AEDT. This means you should be seeing keyword data the following day.
- Manual tagging not enabled
- You can manually tag the keyword to the referral URL for instant keywords in the Delacon portal.
- For more info, review Part III of the Adwords integration guide.
- Manual keyword tagging will also be required for Bing and Yahoo referrals.
- The referral is from a Google Display Ad
- Any referral from a Google Display Ad will be classed as Google/Paid in the Delacon call log, however, does not come with keywords by default. You will still receive AdCopy and Campaign information.
If all of the above troubleshooting steps have been checked, please contact Delacon Support to investigate further.
Other reasons might be:
- The Adwords authorisation has expired
- The initial authorisation can periodically expire or be revoked due to changes to the authorising login. More info can be found here.
- Delacon will be able to check whether the authorisation has expired and if so, will work with you to restore it.
- There are multiple feed item IDs associated to the same call extension number
- A new feed item ID is created when a number is added as a new call extension number to your Adwords account. Review step 4 of this guide to add a new call extension number into Adwords.
- However, when the number already exists in your account, it will create multiple feed item IDs, which may break the Delacon-Adwords integration
- When assigning your call extension numbers, review whether the number might already exist in your Adwords account. Follow step 5 of this guide to re-assign an existing call extension number.
- Of there are multiple instances of the same call extension number, please review this guide to remove all unnecessary instances.
Please sign in to leave a comment.