Any phone call that is made to the tracking number within the session’s match period will be linked to that session, and uploaded to a pre-configured Floodlight activity.
Once the floodlight activity has received conversions, it can be viewed within the Campaign Manager and SA360 reporting.
Since Delacon reports Calls and caller intent from IVR as floodlight activities, you can view Call metrics in reports similarly to how you run reports to view to analyze your online floodlight activities.
With a standard floodlight tag, the captured data is split into two main categories:
Counter – counts the number of times a user makes a phone call.
Sales – tracks the number of sales or number of items purchased from the phone call.
To fully understand how an audience interacts with a brand, there are extra pieces of information that can be captured which gives a greater insight into the user journey. This process requires the use of custom variables. You can create up to 100 custom variables per floodlight configuration, giving the option to record 100 pieces of additional information when a floodlight tag fires. The variables use keys (u1, u2, u3 etc...) that can record any values that you assign to them.
An offline conversion is when data is not sent from the website or floodlight tag and it is triggered by the phone call. The data is then sent to the Google Marketing Platform Integration Page (floodlights). There is no need to deploy the floodlight tag onto the website.
How is Delacon data sent to Campaign Manager?
The conversion data Delacon sends to Campaign Manager (phone calls) are mapped to the Floodlight activities, pre-configured in Campaign Manager.
Before integrating with Delacon, you will need to select or create a floodlight activity to associate with phone call conversions, create a “call_id” custom variable in your Campaign Manager account, and then add the u variable to the floodlight. Use the following steps to pre-configure your account for Delacon integration.
After you have pre-configured your account, navigate back to the GMP Integration page in Delacon and activate the integration.
Here is a summary of the steps for integrating Delacon call tracking and CM360/SA360 (Campaign Manager). We recommend calls from your Website and Call Extensions to be pushed to a separate set of floodlights, instead of the same set in Campaign Manager and SA360.
GRANTING CAMPAIGN MANAGER ACCESS
Follow the required steps, as detailed in the Delacon & DCM Integration Guide
- Inform your Campaign Manager Account Manager that you would like to setup the Campaign Manager Campaign Manager Conversion API integration with Delacon by sending an email with the below wording:
On behalf of my company XXXXXXXX, I agree
Delacon (“DMP”) is authorised to create, edit, and otherwise manage audience data in Your Campaign Manager account(s), including your Campaign Manager Bid Manager, Campaign Manager Campaign Manager, and Campaign Manager Search accounts, subject to the relevant terms governing Your Campaign Manager account(s) (“Campaign Manager Agreement”) and those contained in this email; and (ii) Campaign Manager is authorised to provide the DMP with access to Your Campaign Manager account(s) so that the DMP may perform the above activities.
Without limiting the generality of any provision in Your Campaign Manager Agreement, You acknowledge that any use of audience data in Your Campaign Manager account(s) is subject to Google’s Platforms Program Policies.
You will then receive an email from your Campaign Manager Account Manager asking for their confirmation to allow Delacon to send data to your account. The Account Manager can access Campaign Manager internally with this link.
- Grant firstname.lastname@example.org user access to post-offline conversions to your account, per the above user guide
HOW TO SET UP YOUR FLOOD LIGHT ACTIVITIES
- Set up your Floodlight activities and provide Delacon the floodlight details. GRANTING SA360 ACCESS AND COMPLETING ALL STEPS
- After the above is completed, please add email@example.com to your advertiser or agency account and provide written access, as detailed in this Delacon Call Extension & Campaign Manager Integration Guide
- Please let your account manager know when the above is completed, so they can complete the integrations on their side.
- Please see the Delacon Required Steps which can be accessed
- Verify call data is coming through all floodlights
- If you require customer support setting up this integration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to your Delacon account manager.
The instructions on how to pre-configure floodlights in Campaign Manager can be accessed here.
Work Flow Presentation